Which of these things do you think did NOT happen on our morning walk this morning:
1) We saw that someone in our neighborhood had a Christmas tree set out with their trash. A real live (well, used to be) Christmas tree complete with tinsel and tree stand. (What??…)
2) Joseph quacked the whole way very loudly because he saw so many birds. (Or “ducks.”)
3) We got to the local park and up on the play structure. THEN, I noticed that there were 3 police cars just down the street, and another 2 circling the neighborhood with their lights on.
4) I panicked, grabbed Joseph (who was crying b/c he didn’t want to leave so soon) and started speed walking home- cursing myself for not ordering my pepper spray yet.
5) Joseph thought that one of the said officers who was walking down the street was Brian. (He WAS tall with dark hair.)
He shouted “Dada! Dada!” and reached frantically for him while I tried to look like a casual, law-abiding citizen who was NOT kidnapping some child from his beloved father.
Yes, Joseph, I wish that cute man in the uniform was your father too. (Just kidding, Brian!)
6) It started to rain.
7) There was lightning.
8) I got to finish my coffee.
Happy Monday everyone!