And I have a new (not quite completed yet) awning/pergola in my backyard!
It is really huge- keep in mind that Brian is about 6’5”, and my Mother-in-law (in the “begonia” colored jacket) is about 5’10.”
We’re talking some serious shade possibilities when it is finished.
And some serious stretching to reach my hanging baskets I planned to hang onto it.
Joseph has been having a great time hanging out with his Grammy,
“helping” his Grandad and Daddy,
and just generally getting into mischief.
(I am holding back Joseph from touching a super-sharp saw, while he plays with a medium-sharp screw. You win some, you lose some.)
A few random things to share that I can’t piece together cohesively into a single post:
1) My “Unplugged Friday?” Not so much. Turns out that I am pretty addicted to the computer.
I wouldn’t have shared this with you, but Brian threatened to tell you all if I didn’t. Supportive husband that he is.
To be fair, though, I only checked the weather so I could report it to Brian, the status of Stellan (a baby from a blog that I read who has been in the hospital the past few days), and to email my cousin Julie.
It hurts to be so honest.
2) We have some new neighbors who moved in this weekend.
They have a Doberman and a Rottweiler.
Warms a mother’s heart.
3) I got out my new pepper-spray for the first time today when I had to answer the door to a strange man.
He turned out to be innocent and very friendly.
But he didn’t see the pepper spray triggered and ready to blast that I had in my hand.
You mess with the bee, and you get the stinger.
So, if you come to my door unexpectedly some day, then no sudden movements.
For your own good.
4) Joseph got a new table and chairs courtesy of his Aunt Christin.
He thought he was pretty hot stuff.
Especially when he stood up.
5) When I see this picture of Joseph and his sucker, I want to squeeze him until he pops.
6) Joseph said “ANIMAL” this weekend. It sounds suspiciously like “APPLE,” but we’re counting it.
Well, the in-laws are here for one more day, and then I am sure that I will have a million and two pictures to share with you.
Until then, I must go and continue being the hostess-with-the-mostest.
(AKA Leave Joseph with Maureen while I go to the mall.)