Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Should I be “concerned?”

 

 

Normally, I post about my baby Joseph.  Or, on a rare occasion (and still more often than he’d like), I talk about my husband Brian.

Today, it is Jam.

2-15-09 048

This lovely bottle of jam that I purchased for dirt cheap at Winco. 

Seriously, like $2.00 for a HUGE container.

Look at how proud and happy that old couple look. 

Some small part of me imagined that this jam was lovingly cooked in small batches on some farm, stirred by hand by that smiling bun-toting Grandma.

And Three Berry Blend?  Yum!  I love berries…3 of them sound great!

Then, I noticed something rather concerning.

Why is the term Real Fruit in quotes?

2-15-09 049

No, seriously.

Why?

Is it not really real?  Not really fruit?  Not really real fruit

Just “kind of” real?

Like, how I claim to be a “professional” chocolate taste-tester?

Either way, it is unsettling.

But, still cheap.

So, back in the fridge it goes.

(My goal to move towards a more “whole foods diet” in 2009 is not looking good…)

10 comments:

Sandra said...

OMG... that was hilarious!!!

"real fruit" like "best friend" or
"You look fabulous" or

"No honey, it was great!"

LOL!

Kimber B Photography said...

I'm thinking it's "real fruit" because I see what appears to be seeds in the jar. I think you're safe. Hilarious post though.

More Than Words said...

LOL!!!! Good eye!!

Anonymous said...

and I'm sure grandma and grandpa had a lot to do with the making of it too. ;)

Hootin Anni said...

I think it's real!!! Most that aren't...would say real fruit flavors!!

My Wordful this week is the fascination of 'kids' and toilet water!!! Come by if you can find some time today! I would love your company! Happy Wednesday.

Faith said...

That's too funny, thanks for the LOL.

Brenda said...

Hey, it tastes good and its cheap. Its mostly sugar anyway so it won't hurt you too much! ;)

T Rex said...

Probably will eat!

Susie said...

I am constantly frustrated by labels. I try not to think to hard about it or I would drive myself crazy!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

"real fruit" in some countries maybe...or in some peoples eyes. who knows. interesting though.