Thursday, April 9, 2009

Friday Fragments

 

Here I go again with Half Past Kissin’ Time’s

Friday

My mantra for the week:

An ice cream sandwich is not a meal, an ice cream sandwich is not a meal, an ice cream sandwich is not a meal…”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having your period can sometimes be such a relief. 

And not just because it means you aren’t pregnant.

If you know what I mean.

(You get more sleep…)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever gone Number Two and gone on with your day, only to realize a few minutes later that you forgot to go Number One at the same time? 

And now you have to go again?

How ridiculously inconvenient.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is Adam Lambert SO MUCH BETTER than everyone else on American Idol?  Seriously. 

It must be kind of embarrassing for him.

That, and his hairdo and eye makeup.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is everyone here aware of the fact that I have made

 all of our own bread from scratch since December?

It really is quite a feat, and I don’t feel that I have been showered with praises, accolades, and commendations to the extent that I should be.

So please take a moment to praise my superior housewifery skills. 

They are just about all I’ve got left since my girlish figure got widened out by 8 lb.11 oz Whiny Pants.

 

8 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

I am totally impressed with your bread making - truly that is awesome!

And for the record, Caitlin makes the BEST bread!

Maureen said...

Sandwiches, toast and bread with dinner were never better than at YOUR house super LADY!

Maureen said...

OH... and Adam Lambert is so much better because he is the next Freddy Mercury, IMHO!

Rachel said...

Ahhhh Caitlin. You really are a great mom. The fact that you try so hard to make your house a home. You journal everyday so you can one day sit down with your kids and grandchildren and show them this blog and generations to come. You'll sit and laugh. And when your children read this blog in particular, they will come and thank you. Your meals are the bomb. You don't just pull a frozen dinner out every night or a box dinner, you make good meals from the heart. And one day Joseph will come crying home when his new wife doesn't make mom's famous bread.

And I am with you on the whole period thing. Now I know why women have periods and why they stop after you're too old! If you know what I mean?

Smoochiefrog said...

I have to wonder if he's embarrassed or if he's appreciative. I choose to think appreciative. He's tried for so long to break into the biz, that I think he's relishing every moment.

Angela said...

I'm impressed by the bread making. I attempted that once, but it only lasted 2 days.

And I love your mantra about ice cream sandwiches.

Mrs4444 said...

I'm so with you on the Adam Lambert thing; he is absolutely brilliant. Where has he been all this time?! Unfortunately, I'm also with you on the period thing; I feel like I could sleep for a week!

So glad you joined in this week; thanks! :)

Jenners said...

What ... an ice cream sandwich isn't a meal? Get outta here!

And I am beyond impressed with you making your own bread. In fact, I'm so impressed that I almost hate you for making me look so bad.