Friday, November 14, 2008

You Should Make These Tomorrow

 

I am.

They taste like a less-sweet pumpkin pie...with syrup!!

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 c. flour

3 Tb. brown sugar

1 Tb. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. nutmeg

dash of cloves and ginger

1 3/4 c. milk

3 eggs, lightly beaten

3/4 c. canned pumpkin puree

1/4 c. oil

Sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl.  In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients, then stir it slowly into the dry ingredients.  It's okay if there are some lumps.

These are yummy with syrup, powdered sugar, or Joseph just ate them plain (he loved them!)

He also ate whole wheat pancakes today with applesauce on top- it was a hit!

(I got this recipe here.)

 

3 comments:

The Beauty Bargainista said...

oh my gosh! These sound like heaven!! :)

By the way, I am having a giveaway over at my blog, I would love for you to come check it out! :)

Mellises said...

I looked at this just in time. I've got everything and I'm going to make them tomorrow morning!! Literally... ha ha! I bought pumpkin a week ago JUST in case I came across a super holiday recipe. Thanks, I'm soooo excited to eat pumpkin pancakes tomorrow morning!

grandma said...

I'm making them with sausage and scrambled eggs for Brunch tomorrow. Great idea. Loved the pumpkin french toast, this sounds just as good.
PS..Happy Birthday to Joseph