Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Favorites

 

6:30 – Nighty Night Joseph!  Now it’s time for Friday’s Favorites!

Today, I thought I would share with you something that Joseph is REALLY, REALLY in to right now

IMG_7449

 

The Peek-a-Boo books by Karen Katz.  Oh my goodness, he would read these ALL of the time if we let him!  We try to mix it up a little when we read books, but he Definitely likes these the best.

They all have flaps inside that you lift up / down / open to reveal whatever it is that “Baby” is looking for.

IMG_7453

Joseph can now lift all of the flaps by himself, and he knows which direction he is supposed to open it.  He got a little overly excited about the cowboy pictured above, and the hat has been super-glued on by me.  Good as new! :)

He loves these books so much that, when we read him a non-peekaboo book, he goes crazy trying to find the flap to open!  He will scrape the page, try to shut it and look behind the book, etc.

So, if you have a baby, I would highly recommend these books.  If not, well, I just thought I would commemorate something that is a favorite of ours right now.

And if you are looking for a gift for Joseph’s birthday/Christmas, there are lots more of these books out there! :)   (“Where is Baby’s Birthday Cake” and “Where is Baby’s Belly Button” look especially fun…)

No comments: