Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's Spelled C-A-I-T-L-I-N

My Mom claims that "C-a-i-t-l-i-n" was the only spelling she had ever seen of my name. Shown in the credits of the old tv show Air Wolf (I haven't seen it, but have heard that the character Caitlin was -ahem- well endowed; a characteristic which must not be synonomous with the name, since I am still waiting!),my Mom and Dad saw the name, liked it, and used it. So I suppose I must forgive them for, inadvertantly, choosing the most complicated spelling imaginable. Katelyn, Katelynn, Katelin, Caitlynn, the possibilities are endless. And no-one-ever-guesses-it-right. I have come to accept it, and I look down my nose at those silly, predictable Katelynns and Katelins. After all, (alleges my extremely biased Mother), my spelling is the original, Gaelic spelling! I have accepted the fate of all Caitlins in the world, and I have determined that my real name is "Caitlin, spelled C-A-I-T-L-I-N. " (repeat 5 times).


Oh, and this is my new blog. Not sure what it will evolve into. A private diary, a place to share stories / pictures with family in Oregon, reviews of baby products I have found and loved...? the possibilities are endless. And this is only the beginning- lucky reader! (who is just me at this point.) I have also just discovered that, as of now, there is no auto-spell check in this new blogging empire that I have entered. We are in for a wild ride!

No comments: