Thursday, September 25, 2008

Am I the Only One?!!

Two times now I have been at the park when I have noticed something.  MY BABY IS THE ONLY CHILD WEARING A HAT!!  Out of around 20-30 kids!!

What??!! 

It is always between 12-2pm (When, those of you skin-cancer-savvy people know, the sun is basically a UV death-ray!) and the hot, bright Idaho sun is beating down relentlessly.  Baking all of those poor little children.  Even bald and really blonde babies!!  Am I the only one who finds this appalling?  My poor little baby is always white with sunblock, and continually trying to pull off the wide-brimmed sun hat that I have tied in a double knot under his chin.  What am I going to do when he starts pointing out that “other kids don’t have to wear hats…,” or when he can undo a double knot?!

I comfort myself in knowing that

Joseph Now 

IMG_9673

=

Joseph in 30 years

mjb_03

VS.

Other kid Now

RL_kid_swing

=

Other kid in 30 years

wrinkle

(Author’s Note: No, I did not take a picture of a random boy at the park- I found it on the Internet, along with the old man.  Also, sadly, Brad Pitt was not at a Boise park in his tuxedo; I borrowed that image as well.  I am still hopeful, though, and you can bet that I will take a picture if he ever shows up!!)

 

 

Come on fellow Idahoans!  Jump on the skin cancer prevention train!  You are a little late (it has been running for quite some time now!), but better late than cancer!

P.S.  My baby is also the only baby with his own personal bottle of Purell, and his own plastic, germ-free bubble.  Odd…

1 comment:

Maureen said...

WOW, if Joseph looks half as good as that (and he WILL), keep that little hat on! FUNNY contrast!