Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Ghost of Christmas Eve Past

 

Last year, I was out in the living room nursing Joseph at this time.  No lights were on except for the Christmas lights along the wall (we skipped a Christmas tree last year- I was too, too tired.)  I looked up at the clock, realized that it was a little past midnight, and whispered “Merry Christmas” to my snuggly, sleepy, nursing baby.  And then I didn’t say anything else, because if I woke that baby up too much, I would regret it!! (“waaah, waaaah, waaah…”)

This Christmas Eve I am up late blogging and wiping crusted Cheerios and bananas off of my kitchen floor.  I tucked Brian into bed a few minutes ago, and read him “The Night Before Christmas.”  Well, I read him about 10 pages before he forced me to stop.  Apparently, he is the next scrooge. (“This book means nothing to me, Caitlin.”-Brian)  I think that he appreciates it though.

I can’t wait to see my little guy’s eyes light up tomorrow morning!

 

No comments: