Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

 

Everybody is now healthy, the house is company-free for the first time in 2 weeks and 4 days (although I loved having everyone!), and I am finally feeling up to blogging!  I hope that you appreciate that I am giving up a nap to do this.  You’re welcome.  (I am so dedicated…) IMG_0561

Do you remember when I told you that Joseph didn’t get to bed until after 9 on Christmas Eve?  Well, that didn’t stop my early bird from waking up at 5:15 am!  I was in the middle of my daily prayer (“Please Lord, just five more minutes, just let him go back to sleep for five more minutes…”) when Brian said, “Well, honey, I think that it is Christmas morning!”  And, indeed, it was.

Santa had arrived in the night- and he even brought stuff for Brian and me!IMG_0562 (How did he know that I needed a new hairbrush and blush…?)

Joseph glanced over at his toys, but then went straight into his play room to play with his beloved stacking cups.

We played on the drum to entice him to come to his toys/stocking.

IMG_0568

He came about halfway,

IMG_0569

Looked at what we were doing,

IMG_0570

and then turned around

IMG_0571

to continue stacking.

IMG_0573

Finally, after playing the harmonica as loud as I could, Joseph decided that it might be worth his time to see what was going on.

IMG_0617

He played on his drums,

IMG_0577 IMG_0575

and checked out his tambourine

IMG_0600

and maracas. IMG_0595

Fishy crackers were a big hit,

IMG_0583

and the harmonica was interesting to listen to.

IMG_0592 IMG_0591

This glitter ball was the only thing that got a real smile when I pulled it out of his stocking!

IMG_0609

He loves it!IMG_0611

He got lots of books, which we have been reading over and over (and over, and over)

IMG_0630 IMG_0623

and his first puzzle!

IMG_0634 IMG_0632

Even the kitty got to come inside (briefly) to say Merry Christmas!

IMG_0644 (about to pull tail)

We had a nice, quiet breakfast,

IMG_0655

complete with freshly squeezed orange juice,IMG_0650 IMG_0649

and my second attempt at cinnamon rolls!

IMG_0653 (The first attempt ended up in the trash…sigh…)

We laid low and played with toys for the rest of the day, and topped it off with a toboggan ride!

IMG_0656

Note Brian’s garbage bags on his feet.  Pretty ghetto.  Since this picture, he has gotten a new pair of boots!

After Joseph went to bed, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law flew in, and Brian made us two racks of RIBS!! for Christmas dinner!  Sorry that there are no pictures of them- we were all too busy eating them.  A new Christmas tradition for sure!! (Thanks for the recipe, Alex!)

So, even though Joseph didn’t really get the whole Christmas thing this year, a good time was had by all.  I can’t wait for NEXT YEAR!! 

 

1 comment:

Maureen said...

THOSE RIBS ROCKED!!! And so do you :)