Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Won’t you be my neighbor?

 

 

Did I tell you that my neighbor (of the Trugreen conspiracy) and her boyfriend moved out last month?

That’s right, no more cigarettes blowing into our yard, trash cans left on the sidewalk all week…sigh… I will miss them.

For some reason, she felt compelled to come to our house to say goodbye.

She gave me a big hug and said that she would miss me sooooo much,  (Seriously, I spoke to this lady maybe twice.),

that I was suuuuuch a gooood neighbor, (luckily, she doesn’t know about the spying that was taking place),

and that I should come visit her at their new place.

So, clearly, she was drunk.

At one point, a few months ago, Brian found out (don’t ask me how), that she had been in a car accident a few years ago that put her into a coma for several months. 

She had to relearn how to talk, walk, etc. 

Which, supposedly, explained her slurred speech.

I felt really bad for ridiculing her….

But, then I remembered that car accidents don’t give you beer breath.

So, we were back on.

In the ridiculing department, that is.

Goodbye, fair neighbor.

…And, for the record, although the house is still owned by the SAME LANDLORD…

the Trugreen truck has not been back once!

2 comments:

Mommy of M's said...

So I just read the TruGreen post! OMG you crack me up. I am supposed to be WORKING and instead I am CRACKING up at your blog!!!

T Rex Mom said...

Bummer - I loved hearing updates about that crazy neighbor - you can still come over and watch mine smoke pot and drink beer in his hot tub with his girlfriend. He's quite friendly! Thanks for the laughs!