I received an award from Mommy of Ms a few weeks ago, and I am sorry to say that I am just now getting around to posting about it.
The only thing that makes me feel better is that SHE took a while to post about it too, so I know that she understands.
Anyway, I received the Mommy of the Year award.
The Rules are: Tell us one thing that you feel bad about involving being a mom:
Well, those of you who ARE moms know that being a parent is basically like one giant guilt trip. I literally feel bad about something every day, and resolve to do better tomorrow.
I would say that most of the time I feel bad that I have to do things other than just play with, hold, and kiss Joseph.
Those dishes won't do themselves, and we are running out of clean undies- so little Joseph has to cry and cling to mommy's leg.
Well, technically he COULD play on his own- but he chooses to cry and cling. He would be so much happier if he just had me to himself all the time, and that makes me feel guilty.
List seven things that you love about your kids, love doing with your kids, etc.
1) Kissing soft sweet baby cheeks.
2) The smell of Joseph after the bath
3) Getting to do fun kid things again- coloring, banging on pots, blocks, etc.
4) His laugh
5) How happy he is first thing in the morning. It doesn't matter if it is 4 AM, when I open his bedroom door, he is talking, smiling, singing...
6) The way he says "Hiiiiiii!" or "Hebbo?" (hello)
7) That he loves Brian so much and goes running to him every evening.
Thank you Mommy of Ms for the award!