Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Diet


In lieu of my regularly-scheduled Thursday's Culinary Aventure post, I am sending out a plea for you guys to help me embark on low-to-no carb culinary adventures to serve to Brian.

Wait, What? That sentence didn't really flow well- and I'm too tired to change it.


Basically, what I'm trying to get at is:

-No culinary adventure
-I need low/no carb recipes.

Much better.


Here's the deal...


A week or so ago, Brian announced that he was no longer going to eat carbs after 3pm in an effort to lose weight.

Now, at first I was a little bummed about this idea;
I mean, seriously, how good is a bowl of Rocky Road ice cream when you have to eat it by yourself?

Well... pretty darn good, as it turns out.

So, to each their own, Brian can go on his diet, and I will continue to eat mixing bowls full of white rice whenever the mood hits.

But now, after a few weeks of trying to whip out delicious, nutricious, low-carb dinners (yes, I CAN do it all...) I am starting to draw a blank.


If someone doesn't help me soon, poor little Brian is going to get a chunk of cheese with a peanut on top for dinner tomorrow night.

Can anyone out there help me? Any ideas for easy no-carb snacks? Meals? Anything?

Yes, I do know that there must be TONS of low-carb recipes online, but I am WAAAAAAY too busy using my computer for online shopping, so I would prefer to have easy, nutritious, delicious, tried-and-true recipes handed to me.

Call it the easy way out if you will, I call it helping a blogger in need.

Sigh.

My ice cream is calling.

We won't be lonely if we have each other.

Just my ice cream and me....


7 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

Try the salsa chicken I always make - chicken breast, 1 1/2 c salsa, 1 tbsp dijon mustard, and 2 tbsps brown sugar. Cook 20-30 minutes. Serve with veggies and you have a low carb meal!

Unknown said...

thanx for the wonderful recipes....il sure try them out..Please check out the blog mentioned below its really cool....!!!im sure you'll love it!!!

www.stay-sharp.in

Unknown said...

thanx for the wonderful recipes....il sure try them out..Please check out the blog mentioned below its really cool....!!!im sure you'll love it!!!

www.stay-sharp.in

Mommy of M's said...

I thought I was the only person in the world that could sit down with a bowl of white rice (& Butter) and be happy!! That's what I'm having for lunch!

suzy said...

Hi Cait! Okay, one of our faves is Asian Lettuce Wraps (i use the ground turkey from Winco), add a little more soy sauce and a little less hoisen sauce. Lots of rice on the side for you! Here's the link: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Asian-Lettuce-Wraps-2/Detail.aspx

Rachel said...

Sorry, I only know recipes that contain carbs. Life without them just sucks. Tell Brian to start running.

Carrie said...

brenna said : there are tons of low carb/ no carb things out there. If you were to eat breakfast for dinner you could have : Cheezy eggs,sausage,and jalepinos or something. ( no offense it's easier for me ; I'm the diabetec one.