Monday, April 7, 2014

…and my evening

 

 

After the cries at the park of “I’m SO SWEATY!  Can you die of being too HOT?!” (it was 70 degrees), the “DON’T THROW THAT BALL AT YOUR BROTHERS FACE OVER AND OVER!!” and the baby chewing on a feminine hygiene product he found in my purse.

But before the oops-looks-like-its-yogurt-for-dinner- tonight,
“Get your jammies on.  Get your jammies on.  Get your jammies on.  GET YOUR JAMMIES ON RIGHT NOW!!!”, and the “Mama, you forgot to give me a shower tonight, and maybe last night too?  And I’m feeling really sticky in my bed!”

There is a lull.  A calm.  A chance for me to take a deep breath for the last dive of child-rearing before bedtime. 

 

5:23 pm

Exhibit A:  Sink time

DSC_0005

Thank you, Brian, for discovering this weekend that he is old enough to do this!  It buys me some time to make dinner without him crying on my leg.  Or, in this case, it buys me time to take pictures and then serve everyone yogurt.

DSC_0007

DSC_0013

(He’s not supposed to get the soap)

DSC_0015

DSC_0016

 

DSC_0020

Exhibit B:  Justice League fact-gathering.  He studies this book for HOURS a day.  (Please notice the blankies tucked under his arm.  I love six years old)

DSC_0025

Exhibit C:

DSC_0029

For many many reasons our darling middle child was in need of (and received) an early bedtime.  A good nights sleep and a fresh start tomorrow.  It is really what we all need, isn’t it?

DSC_0034

No comments: