Brian has been working some later hours lately which means that
a) Un-showered ponytails and granny panties are a go
b) I have to find something to do during the day.
Lucky for me (and unlucky for Brian) we live close to many many malls.
On Friday, we were trying out a new mall, when Lo and Behold, the big man himself was there! We jumped into line.
Some things that happened next:
- Joseph got out of line and stood directly in the path of (lots of!) holiday shoppers trying to walk past. I noticed some people doing double takes, so I leaned out of line to see what he was doing. He was squinting up his eyes while barring his teeth like a dog. Of course.
- Even though there were only 4 people ahead of us in line, we didn’t seem to be moving.
- I had to pee.
- Joseph started laying (lying?) on the mall floor.
- An old lady standing nearby started giving Joseph the stink eye.
- The girl behind us started wailing and flopping around like a fish-so I eagerly looked back at the old lady to see if she had noticed, only to see that she was STILL glaring at my sweet babe.
-Okay, okay, so maybe I forgot to mention that Joseph was LICKING the mall floor at this point.
-Isaac started crying.
- Joseph came over and said that he was going to ask Santa for an Olivia Dress-up Doll.
-I gently reminded him that he actually wanted a Batcave (which has been sitting in my closet for months). And, thankfully, he agreed.
- He bit Isaac on the ear.
ANNNNND.. then it was our turn!
So, here you go folks, my boys on Christmas 2010:
Clearly, Isaac + Santa = BFF.
Also, what’s cuter than Isaac? Isaac in a REINDEER SWEATSHIRT of course!
(Yes, I do wish Joseph was wearing something other than his ratty post-gym-class clothes, but at least he wasn’t licking the floor anymore.)
When I asked Joseph later why he had his face like that, he said, “I just wanted to give Santa a little smile with my lip.”
And that he did.