Friday, October 30, 2009

Belly Button?

 

IMG_3604

(30 weeks pregnant with Joseph)

 

Umbilical hernia.

My “turkey timer.”

The Third Nipple.

It has been called many things.

It is humorous,

it is sore (because it IS a hernia),

and it is my signature pregnancy feature.

.

A few days ago, I was getting out of the shower Joseph walked into the room.

He stopped, looked at my stomach, and smiled.

He ran over to touch my belly button, and proudly proclaimed “PENIS!  Mama penis!

Now, did I really want to get into an anatomy discussion with Joseph?  Especially when my belly button, to be fair, doesn’t even look like a belly button?  When it does, just a teensie bit, look like a penis?

I just smiled and said, “That’s right honey!  Now who wants to watch Sesame Street?!”

My poor confused little boy.

7 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

I like your signature feature. I'm just sad it's so painful!

And not too many reminders of what looms ahead early next year!

Ter said...

hehehe

~~Mel~~ said...

Too cute! Both you and Joseph lol.

septembermom said...

You're making me laugh so much!!!!! Hilarious. Cool photo too!

Jenners said...

Oh My God ... that was too funny. I did think "turkey timer" when I saw the photo ... but Mama Penis just takes the cake.

Jen said...

LOL! that is priceless!

Nina said...

I didn't have the hernia but my belly button stuck out that far also and everyone had to point it out as it poked through my shirt. Ugh....