Friday, August 5, 2011

Chocolate cupcakes = calcium

 

I am so tired.

This morning I poured my cup of coffee before the machine was done making it.

Which doesn’t sound that desperate, until I tell you that we don’t have the ol’ pause-and-serve feature, so I had to mop up the counter and coffee pot when I was done.

Worth it!

Also, I was tempted to lap it up right from the spigot it comes out of, hamster-style.  So, really, I applaud my restraint.

.

Sometimes I wonder about my tiredness.

Why am I so tired?

I have even contemplated getting my thyroid checked.

.

Then, I remember what I have been doing, and it all becomes clear.

.

So far today, I have:

Made bread

DSC_0448

(recipe coming soon!)

Cleaned the boys bathroom

Mopped the bathroom

Dusted

Danced with my duster to some kids music

Swept the kitchen floor

Puzzle time with both boys

2 poopy diapers and one “Mommy I’m ready for a wipe!”

Organized our hall closet

Swept hall closet

Folded and put away 2 loads of laundry

Washed a load of cloth diapers

Fixed breakfast, snack, and lunch

Made cupcakes with Joseph

Frosted and sprinkled cupcakes

Cleaned up all of the above

Paint time for the boys

DSC_0425

DSC_0430

Sink bath for Isaac

Cleaned up paint time for the boys

Put both kids down for a nap.

And it’s only 1:27.

DSC_0421.

Really, I don’t mean to be complaining.  It’s been a lovely day so far, but it is a wonder that I am still upright.

In fact, as soon as I finish this post, my cupcakes and I are laying down to regroup.

Because the afternoon shift is coming in fast.

DSC_0426

 

5 comments:

Jenners said...

Ummm…did a truck of paint spill at paint time??? That looks a bit messy!! cut out the housekeeping stuff and things won't be so tiring.

septembermom said...

You need a break from all that work! Good going mama!

Maureen said...

You Rock Caitlin, and so does your new camera by the way!
I think your thyroid is fine - looking at that list you have EVERY reason to be legitimately tired!

suzy said...

so tired. you are amazing friend!!!!

Beth at Five Kids Is A Lot Of Kids said...

Your coffee comments = my daily life. LOVE it. Love your pics of your boys, too. So fabulously sweet.

Beth