Thursday, July 14, 2011

We put the “Joy in Joisey” Part 1

IMG_0868(Get it?  Say “Jersey” with a Jersey accent!)

One of our favorite things we have done so far this summer was a trip to the New Jersey state fair!

IMG_0870IMG_0873

Where’s Isaac?  It’s like “Where’s Waldo” but scarier!

IMG_0879

The kids were ridiculously excited over the (lame, lame, lame!) PIG RACE!!

IMG_0895

IMG_0890

Joseph volunteering to help cheer for the race. Luckily (sorry buddy) he wasn’t picked!

IMG_0888

…And they’re off!!  (it was about 10 seconds long)

IMG_0883

IMG_0886

We got to see some animals in the petting zoo

(Joseph scared/excited about the parrot imitating Isaac’s yell)

IMG_0931  IMG_0929

And Brian got to go into a “freak show” stand to see “Tiny Tina” who they were reporting was one of the world’s smallest women whom you could hold like a child.

Guess what it was?  A little person.  You know, like a dwarf!  Isn’t that awful?  Poor lady…

IMG_0870

Oh well, at least we all got cotton candy… or candy cotton as Joseph called it!

.

But, the best part for me was that Joseph is now tall enough to go on some of the rides! And, since Brian is a giant whose knees won’t fit on most of the rides, it was up to good old Mama to take him!

I LOVED IT!

We went on a pretty legitimately scary roller coaster, and a “fun house!”

It was super dirty inside and other than a few distorting mirrors the only “fun” thing about it was this wheel at the end.

(And yes, I DID want to sing “Better Shape Up,” Grease-style!…Anyone?  I know my sibs are with me!!)

The first time Joseph tried to get through it, he got stuck and just kept rolling and rolling.  I laughed to myself, “Ha ha ha ha! Silly child!” 

IMG_0937

At this point quite a line was building up behind us, so I offered to let a few people go in front of us.  They decided to stay for the show instead…

“Here Joseph, let Mommy help you get through…”

(you know I love you if I am willing to share this with you.)

5 comments:

Lola said...

Yay!! Good Mommy. :D
Looks like a ton of fun!

Unknown said...

I am crying with you!

Jen said...

OMG! That video made my day.

ter@waaoms said...

lol love the video. haha

septembermom said...

You are Super Mommy!!