Monday, March 29, 2010

Why 2 years 4 months, and 13 days May Be Too Young To Dye Easter Eggs








It started out innocently enough, with me deciding that, this year, Joseph was going to be allowed to dye Easter Eggs.




Brian opted out and was put on camera duty, so it was a one-woman-egg-dying show.




(Note to self: Opening your eyes really wide doesn't make you look less tired. It just makes you look crazy.)



Now, when I cook, Joseph always helps me crack the RAW eggs into the bowl. So, he decided that these eggs needed to be cracked too!

(cracking on the side of the bowl...)




I tried to quickly show him how we GENTLY placed the eggs into the bowls of dye...as he proceeded to crack every single one except for the one that I had. After he was done cracking them, he placed them gently in the bowl to be dyed.



And then:









Don't I look like I am in physical pain? That is because the dye went all over the floor, onto Joseph's booster seat (which stains easily), onto our table (which stains easily) and onto his only pair of sweatpants that fit him right now.
Ouch.
But, I think that I recovered quite nicely.

So, in the end, Joseph had a lot of fun





And, as for me, I had a slightly stained table, booster seat, sweatpants, and a sticky floor.


But, it was WAAAY more memorable than if everything had gone as planned!


So,


Happy Easter from Joseph
:

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Ha, super fun! I still don't think I'm quite ready for that yet.

lisa said...

i laughed and laughed and laughed as i watched this video on repeat. I love you caitlin. you lipped the word "no" then the grimace.... priceless. and yes. GREAT recovery!

Liz Mays said...

I like when they crack because the dye gets in there and makes the hard boiled eggs so pretty! Good job, Joseph!

Nina said...

Now you have me worried. LOL.... I bought everything to do the eggs knowing that my 7 year old loves it just not so sure about a 2 year old and food coloring. I will take prop's from you and just dive in and let what ever happens happen. The kids will have fun, right?

T Rex Mom said...

It had to be the red!!!

Awesome video - your expressions are priceless.

Hmmm - we'll save egg dying for my sister's house.

Thanks for the fun morning.

ter@waaoms said...

oh.

I'm trying to decide if I should risk my life and laugh.... ;)




next year buy a cheap plastic table cloth and cover everything.

Jenners said...

I so admire your restraint ... I think I would have been much more ... ummmm...loud and violent?

I love that he had to crack the eggs!!!

Maureen said...

Thank you for the really pretty Easter Eggs Joseph! And thank you for keeping it together so well Caitlin!!! I can't believe Brian didn't make a peep during the video - I would have expected a laugh :)

Beth said...

Oh Caitlin,
This has to be one of my favorites of your many fun posts... great job with the self control! A definite Fruit of the Spirit! Your boys are growing up so fast!