Friday, March 19, 2010

Lately

I've been having some trouble blogging.

And it's not just because the boys seldom nap at the same time and Isaac is still night-owlin' it until midnight. Although that has a lot to do with it.

I have been having some trouble finding content to blog about.

Sure, I have a plethora of adorable pictures of the boys, but I hate to only post those and make you guys tell me a million times how cute my kids are. (But feel free.)

So what else can I post about?

Would you like to hear how many poopy diapers I change in a day? (at least 4)

Or how, when I went on a date with Brian last night ( Miniature golf and go-karts = romance for us!) I wore my pre-pregnancy jeans unzipped with a long coat on top, just because I can't stand to wear my maternity jeans anymore? (Pride, silly pride.)

I'm not complaining about my life right now, I love it! But it is not glamorous, not witty, and...well..it's kind of gross a lot of the time.

Like last week when I went to run errands, forgetting to put nursing pads in my bra, and ended up in Fred Meyer with two wet patches on my shirt and no way to cover it.

Or like today when I was at the mall with Joseph and, before I could stop him, he ate a piece of popcorn- off of the ground.

Or maybe how, just now when I was walking back from the bathroom, I stepped in a puddle of spit-up (read:baby puke) on the carpet, soaking my sock, and yet I kept walking.

See? That kind of stuff.

Should I really blog about that?

Well, okay.






6 comments:

~~Mel~~ said...

Yes you really should blog about that...I for one enjoyed your post and could totally relate...well not relate now but it brought me back to when Riley was a baby and toddler...

I had the same nursing pad experience...in Walmart with a ton more shopping to do so I bought nursing pads and a new shirt off the clearance rack and went to change in the bathroom lol.

septembermom said...

All interesting stuff. I remember those missing nursing pad days. My shirt would be soaked!

T Rex Mom said...

For a moment, I thought I wrote this! But then I realized it was far more witty than I am used to writing. Hopefully a productive trip to the mall?

ter@waaoms said...

Gee, Caitlin, keep talking like that we might think you're a mom.

oh wait, you are! ;)

Jenners said...

Believe me, you don't have to be witty or amazing all the time ... but I can see how two kids on different sleep schedules can totally drag the blog right out of you.

Nina said...

Sometime life is what it is. Trust me, I feel no glamor in my life at this time and I am getting past the diapers and way past the spit up phase. Me weekly excitement is sitting down and watching Lost. Pretty sad that this is what I look forward to them most each week.