Friday, August 2, 2013

It’s worth it.

 

 

I was nursing Samuel before his afternoon nap, closing my eyes and trying not to fall asleep/praying for patience for the rest of the day.

 

I heard Joseph sneaking up to me on his not-so-sneaky feet, and opened my eyes to look at him.

He said, “No!  Close them again!  I made a surprise to give you!”

I gladly complied.

 

I felt a light touch on my arm, and then his not-so-sneaky feet thundering back to the kitchen.

I opened my eyes again to find this stuck to me:

DSC_0113

And my heart melted and broke and swelled up simultaneously.

 

This motherhood thing, you guys-

 

It’s worth it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS

A little bit later, he gave me two other notes that said this…

DSC_0114

Yes, that says “Babbab” and “You’re Baba”

which is also…nice??…I suppose??

But perhaps not so “main post” worthy, if you know what I mean.