Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Weekend Review

 

DSC_0063

Well, I am simply exhausted from all of the catering-to-Brian I did this weekend.

DSC_0035

(Joseph’s face when Brian praised the card he made him:)

DSC_0070

Any chance we can declare a Mothers-Day-Part-2 for next weekend people?

DSC_0038

DSC_0073

Or…hold up!  My half birthday is on Friday!  Can that be a thing that is celebrated?  With lots of naps and no laundry/dishes/diapers?

DSC_0056

DSC_0058

Exhaustion aside, it was a(nother) beautiful weekend!

Friday Brian took a vacation day and we hiked Multnomah Falls with his Mama.

DSC_0083

DSC_0086

DSC_0097

(Green!!!)

DSC_0116-001

 

The answer to the question: “Wait…where is Isaac??”:

DSC_0077

 

Brian wearing one of our babies is the most attractive thing I’ve seen in a long time.

DSC_0093

(note: I originally said “sexiest”, but then remembered that my dad reads my blog.) 

(So I substituted it with “most attractive”.)

DSC_0109

(but I meant “sexiest”) 

DSC_0129

(when does it be okay to say “sexy” or “sexiest” in front of your dad?  ever?) 

DSC_0115

The big boys and I made it about half way to the top, at which point their “I’m hungry-tired-my legs hurt-knees hurt-feet hurt” comments culminated with Isaac falling and scraping his knee / dropping his granola bar on the ground.

DSC_0096

Oh yes, and he handled a “pretty leaf” which the rest of the world calls “poison oak.” (luckily, I had wet wipes)

DSC_0131

So, we headed back to the lodge, and Brian, Samuel, and Maureen continued to the summit.

DSC_0130

(Dear boys, you are welcome for moving back to Oregon.  Love, Mama)

DSC_0121

Honestly, I didn’t really mind heading back down the trail and having some time to chat with my big boys without the (adorable) distraction of Samuel. 

IMG_2191

There was a truly lovely moment when the boys and I sat on a bench along the trail and rested a while, letting the mist from the waterfall spray our face,

while I attempted to explain photosynthesis to Joseph per his request. 

(I don’t mean photosynthesis.)

(I mean the thing where plants take in carbon dioxide and put out oxygen.  I don’t know what that’s called?)

(Haha!  I just googled it and it turns out it IS called photosynthesis!)

(I dropped out of college to get married.)

 

DSC_0095

And Samuel gave me a WONDERFUL, long, hard hug when he got back down!

IMG_2206

The rest of the weekend involved a whole-family-nap, church, and a lovely dinner on the porch at my inlaws.

DSC_0179

DSC_0186

And Brian didn’t have to strap in a single kid, change a diaper, wipe a booty, fix a meal, or brush a tooth (besides his own), the whole time!

…just like usual

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Just kidding Brian!)

(Almost 100%!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well at least I know what to get BH for his birthday next year....white t-shirts....!

Brian - 3pack of white "where anywhere" tees

GR - cutoff jean shorts

AM - a dozen Krispy Kremes..

ter@waaoms said...

Looks like a wonderful time!

I am so bad at blogging these days. I miss reading your adventures!!