Monday, December 21, 2009

25

IMG_0280

Today, I am a quarter of a century old.

Half-way to 50.

Half-way between 20 and 30

Mid-twenties.

I’m not saying that it sounds old, but it sure sounds a lot older than 24!

.

I had a wonderful “Birthday Weekend.”

On Friday, Brian and I went out on a date.  We decided to do a “progressive dinner” of sorts, visiting different restaurants just to try out one thing, and then moving on. 

We ended up hitting 5 different restaurants, splitting a piece of pizza, getting some coffee, sharing some Thai food, checking out a french cafe (wine and cheese for him, chocolate mousse for me), and finishing up with pastries and tea at a coffee house. 

We had SO much fun, and it was really nice to be able to try a bunch of places, since we don’t go out very often!

Thanks TREX Mom for watching him!  You can see some pictures of Joseph playing at his friends house here!

.

Then, on Saturday night, we went to the Botanical Gardens’ festival of lights.  It was beautiful!

IMG_0268

IMG_0273

IMG_0274

IMG_0275 

Joseph especially liked ringing the big bell that they have there.

IMG_0278

And staring from afar at the 

the man-in-a-costume polar bear.

IMG_0271

.

Brian got me a beautiful pearl necklace, which I wore all weekend- even with my sweatpants!

Top that off with getting to sleep in both mornings, and a trip to DQ, and what more could a gal want?!

.

Today, on my actual birthday, it is back to the real world.  Errands, poopy diapers, and a two year old.

Although, I did get to shave my legs.

And have lunch at Red Robin with my favorite little guy, who was an ANGEL, believe it or not.

Here’s to another year of love, laughter, and kids.

10 comments:

grandma said...

I LOVED the darling pictures of Joseph with his buddy T-Rex. It is fun to see him developing social relationships and to see photos of that interaction. T-Rex looks pretty darn cute in those glasses. It must make Joseph want a pair just like them!

T Rex Mom said...

Yeah!!! What a great weekend. We're hoping to head to the Garden-a-glow this week.

And no problems watching Joseph. Aside from realizing you were gone about 2 1/2 hours after you left, he was fine. Nothing the "Wheels on the Bus" and a warm bath did not fix. Not to mention fries, too!

I LOVE Red Robin. We'll have to take the kids there sometime. They give out balloons on the weekend!

You still look great and have not changed at all in the past 3 years.

(Oh, note to "Momma" - Joseph did ask to wear T Rex's glasses several times. But it never caused any problems. It was pretty cute.)

Great story to share from the evening. The boys and I were watching Sesame Street and a blue monster came on. One that I could not recall the name to. T Rex asked who it was and I replied, "I don't know." Joseph piped up and exclaimed, "Harry Monster"! Indeed, the monster's name is "Harry". It was kind of surreal moment having two toddlers communicating with me and between themselves.

Sorry for the long comment.

One last time today - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Ter said...

you're a BABY.

just wait til you're my age!

Ter said...

p.s the gardens look beautiful.

Ter said...

p.p.s. happy birthday. :)

suzy said...

yay! what a great bday weekend!

Nina said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great night out. I know what it is like when you don't get out much because of little ones so enjoy it when you can.

Jenners said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! (A little late but I totally mean it.) You are so YOUNG!!!!! Seriously, you have no idea how young you are right now ... trust me.

septembermom said...

Pearls with sweats - that's the way to go girl!!
So glad that you had a terrific birthday! To me, you're still a teenager :)

You and Joseph look so wonderful in all the pictures.

Merry Christmas!!

Maureen said...

That was a great birthday weekend! Love the pictures from the Botanical Garden AND the new one of you and Joseph. He changes a lot, but not you. Can't wait to see the pearls!