Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spring!!

 

(Our tree in our front yard.  What a gift!)DSC_0017

 

Spring in Western Oregon is rather idyllic. 

Assuming you don’t mind days upon days of drizzle-mist-downpour-gloom (I don’t), you will be rewarded with weeks-nay! months!- of mild weather and blossoms everywhere.

DSC_0011

And I actually feel that the rainy days makes the sunny days better?

DSC_0026

Cleaner, and clearer, and “We can’t waste this weather- get outside!”…-er.

I was sitting on a bench at a park today. 

DSC_0027

Samuel was sleeping in the stroller (the only 15 minute nap he took this afternoon, but whatev.), and the boys were playing in the nearby wooded area.

DSC_0004

Joseph kept wanting to go deeper, out of my sight, caught up in exploring and OFF OF THE COMPUTER!

Isaac was up a tree (we are postponing family photo retakes due to his recent tree-climbing escapades, and their effect on his cheeks/nose/forehead). 

DSC_0030

The forest smelled all warm and sweet, and the sun was shining on me and I was filled with the feeling that, in that moment, I was exactly where I wanted to be.

 

 

Except for, you know, my bed.

DSC_0031

I

DSC_0039

Love

DSC_0036

Spring!

 

 

 

 

 

ps,  Isaac at the Cherry Blossom festival in Washington DC in 2011

IMG_9206

This tree was right outside the White House.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful babies and beautiful trees.

T Rex Mom said...

All fabulous photos. I am still waiting for it to feel like spring here.

Mom said...

Samuel has discovered his tongue, I see. Darling photos!!

ter@waaoms said...

Wow, lucky you. It snowed here today.... we haven't gotten our spring yet. Had a couple nice days earlier this week that melted the snow we had, but then it got cold again.

Samuel looks just like Issac!

Jenners said...

I love how Samuel is using his tongue! So cute!! And those kind of trees are the best! And I agree … Oregon makes you appreciate the sunny days more than any where else. When I lived there, I cherished a sunny lovely day. YAY SPRING!