Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunshine and Roses

(with my last christmas-season pictures!)

 

I don’t hide the fact that- for me at least- life with children is not all “sunshine and roses.”

Sometimes its bodily fluids and tantrums, actually.

But, it is also important to remember that sometimes life IS sunshine and roses!

Sometimes it is chubby, flushed with health babies looking at you like you are the best thing EVER.

DSC_0687

DSC_0701

DSC_0704

Its warm fires, Christmas music on Pandora, and a big brother who LOVES his baby!

DSC_0735(Every squeak Samuel makes elicits an “Oh! Samuel!” from Joseph)

 

.

My life includes cuddles on the couch while watching Christmas movies!

DSC_0413(although Rudolph was inexplicably terrifying to them)

 

.

It can be peaceful, and filled with love, laughter, and magic.

DSC_0041

And there is at least one moment each day when I am really, truly way-down-to-my-bones HAPPY.

I had a conversation with my brother recently which included, “is parenthood worth it?  IS IT WORTH IT??!”

It’s worth it.

1 comment:

Jenners said...

What I love most about your blog is that you don't hide that parenthood isn't all sunshine and roses. But you are right … somtimes it is.